Thursday 7 January 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland







I have been walking in the snow at Alexandra Palace (London UK). The frozen lake and snow laden trees were simply breathe taking. I strolled along thinking myself to be in Narnia (Fantasy land from "The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe"). It was so quiet and so very still. That was yesterday when the snow was fresh. Today it has turned to ice in places and has become very slippery so, I am not enjoying it as much. It has made me think about all the people who live in colder climates and have to deal with this weather every Winter. How do you cope?






While I have been inside I have made some Valentine items and some good old fish and chips.

6 comments:

  1. I love your mini food and the way you photograph and present it!!!
    Everything looks both real and so delicate!

    Coping with the cold you say? I am not sure I cope at all.. we have had -30 and lower!!! I don´t go out unless really I have to. And when I do I put on lots of layers of wool. I really long for some warm temperature now...Im dreaming of Hawaii...........

    Synnøve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where my stepdaughter lives (Edmonton, Canada) the November temperature got down to -54C!
    ....and I hear that Miami, Florida expects to get snow.

    My question to you is: where's the global warming that we were promised?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your food miniatures!Here in Italy in the middle of the mediterranean sea the weather is warm,but today is grey!
    Your blog is fantastic!
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Synnove and Karin I cannot even imagine what that must be like. I agree Karin where is the global warming?
    Annalisa I am jealous I could do with a little sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. favolosi complimenti!
    mi piacciono molto..

    ReplyDelete

Looking After Yourself Giveaway

As the UK enters it's 2nd lock down I decided to have a go at the NHS app from Couch to 5K, a running app designed to get you up off the...